New care home plan appeal is postponed
The appeal hearing into a controversial care home application has been adjourned until July.
Bosses at charity Brendoncare launched an appeal after its plans for an 88-bed care home in St John's Way were blocked last year.
The proposals for the £17 million home infuriated neighbours who said the increase in traffic would make their streets a 24-hour access road to the home.
Sevenoaks District Council refused permission on the grounds of its size and design.
Business Cards From Only £10.95 Delivered www.myprint-247.co.ukView details
Contact: 01858 468192
Valid until: Friday, May 31 2013
Rebecca Bray, a chartered surveyor on behalf of Brendoncare, said in a written statement to council planners there would need to be 709 beds for elderly people in the system by 2025.
With the ageing population and growing demand, the area would fall 291 short if the number of beds remained the same, she argued.
Miss Bray added: "The number of older people [in Edenbridge] is above the national average and growth means there is a likely demand for services with extra care schemes."
The appeal got under way earlier this month but was postponed until July 11.