Kitchen damaged in New Romney school fire
A CHILDREN'S kitchen in New Romney has been left badly damaged by an overnight fire.
Kent Fire and Rescue crews were called to St Nicholas C of E School in Fairfield Road at 10pm last night when a fire was discovered in the kitchens.
No one was injured in the blaze, but 25 per cent of an infant kitchen was destroyed by the fire, which is not being treated as supicious.
Crews were at the scene for just under two hours, and Kent Police also attended the scene.
Make the whole house smell of Mince Pies without the hassle of...View details
Try our Mince Pie scented candles - one of five flavours - at Tomic & Daly. Find us on the High Street in Whitstable, No 37. We're opposite Budgen's, you can't miss us!
Contact: 01227 208369
Valid until: Thursday, December 12 2013
A police spokesman said: "Kent Police has been advised by the Kent Fire and Rescue Service that this fire has not been started deliberately so is not being treated as suspicious."